Please watch the video below for a step-by-step video regarding hair biomarker collection:
Written Instructions for Hair Biomarker Collection:
1. Hair should be cut as close to the scalp as possible with clean scissors. The total amount of hair to take is about the width of a pencil eraser. The best place to cut your hair sample would be right behind either ear or at the base of the scalp.
2. The hair sample should be at least 3cm in length.
3. If possible, secure the sample with a rubber band before making the cut. If you are worried that the sample is under 3cm in length, use a ruler to measure its length.
4. Place the hair sample in the foil with the root ends aligned to the pointy end of the foil as indicated.
5. Fold the foil with the hair and place it in the small white paper envelope; seal the envelope with the red sticker.
6. Place the white paper envelope in the larger plastic pouch with silver self-stick tab. Remove the tab, seal the pouch and fold it.
7. You can store this completed sample bag at room temperature until ready to mail in the addressed and stamped envelope provided. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.